Solar PV Installer – Previous Experience Required
As a Solar Installer, you will deliver a high quality of finish for every Solar Installation project completed. You should have at least 18 months experience in a similar role.
- Roof work, general construction experience required
- Install per company engineered design and expected standard
- Assist with electrical wiring as needed
- Ability to safely handle tools and materials. ie. Ladders, solar panels, panel boards, inverters, batteries etc
- You must always take pride in the quality of your work, own it and be passionate about every project installation
- Check materials provided and load for each installation
- Carry materials and equipment for each job
- Prepare and clean up job site
- Keep service truck and trailer stocked properly and tidy for every project
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Co-ordinate professionally with homeowners when required
- Work well in a team environment and have excellent communication skills
- Provide regular updates of job status, complete necessary paperwork and take photos and videos daily of each install
- Perform installations in a timely and efficient manner
- Solar panel installation experience required
- Experience in reading blueprints, plan sets, and other technical drawings.
- Experience in basic hand and power tools
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs and work in various environments for extended periods of time (hot sun, cold weather, crawl spaces etc)
- Must have your own basic hand and power tools to do work
- Experience working with High Voltage (up to 600V).
- Capable at working at heights and performing repetitional duties ie. Lifting, climbing, bending, crouching and standing for long periods of t
- Experience working on extension ladders up to 32’.
- Experience working with conduit up to 2 ½”.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have experience installing and troubleshooting PV Systems.
- Experience working with PV systems with and without optimizers.
- Experience working with and installing PV metering and disconnects.
- Experience with Enphase and SolarEdge Equipments
- Electrical license preferred but not essential.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal, driving and drug screen.
Education and Experience:
- High School
- 18 months Experience as Solar Installer
- Roofing Experience is a must
- Multiple locations
- You will be required to travel and stay over in Accommodation paid for by the company for 3-5 days.
Please fill out the form below to apply to work at Solar Tech Elec